Sunday, March 04, 2007

Limp-wristed

Two Saturdays ago, I boarded the American Airlines plane, walked down the left aisle with my travel bag strapped to my left shoulder that hung on my right side. I lifted the strap off my shoulder, and that is when it happened - an acute pain from spraining my wrist. Damn! G'dammit! I didn't say anything, but winced, and continued, carrying my laptop side bag, garment bag and travel (duffel-like) bag to my seat.

I pushed my two larger bags into the overhead storage compartment with my left, while guiding them with my right hand. Damn that hurt.

At the last hour of the flight, I asked a flight attendant if I could have a bag of ice, to slow the swelling. It worked.

Fast forward to today. I continue to wear a wrist brace, which makes me feel gimpy. The pain is slight, but still present. Typing feels odd as I need to keep my wrist at a certain angle. Gear shifting while driving is manageable.

I want the healing done. Here is a link on what to do if you sprain your wrist. http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sprainsstrains/a/wristsprain_2.htm

Until full healing, I am trying my ambidextrous skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home