Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Training Ride #2

For my second training ride, last weekend, Meta04, Bro-ooo-ooo and I rode from Tiburon to Corte Madera and back. We started early, with Bro-ooo-ooo coming to Meta04 place at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. We packed Meta04's car, drove to Tiburon, rode, rode and rode. We did not encounter too many cars, making Tiburon Loop a great trail to ride. Meta04 ate it (read: fell off his bike) twice. I ate it once, trying to make a U-turn, and not being able to clip-out of my pedals.

Speaking of pedals, Bro-ooo-ooo, gave me a Speedplay Zero Pedal System for Christmas. The Speedplay Zero come with the pedals and cleats that mount to cycling shoes. Now, I just need to install, and give them a ride. But that will need to wait until after my Chicago trip next week.

As background, Bro-ooo-ooo and I attended the same high school, an all-boys Catholic (Jesuit, really) high school. I must say it kept me out of trouble. At any rate, Bro-ooo-ooo is the first person I came out to. Goodness, that was a scary time.

LOG
Distance: 20 miles
Locations: Tiburon, Corte Madera

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home