Thursday, February 08, 2007

Training Ride #3

Last weekend, Meta04 and I rode what was our longest training ride to date. Known as the Presidio to Fairfax ride, we rode nearly 40 miles with approximately 20 other riders who are riding in AIDS/LifeCycle 6.

The morning started bad. When we arrived at Sports Basement in The Presidio, we stretched, and pumped air in our tires. I pumped air, using my mini pump, when a recent transplant from Montana asked, "Hey, do you want to use a real pump." I said, "No - I'm grand, but thanks." 30 seconds later, he walked to us with his pump.

Screw it, I'll use his pump. And I did. And I pumped too much air into my front tire that it popped. That is what happens when you attempt to pump more than the stated maximum PSI (112 PSI). Our ears rang for a couple minutes.

I walked to Sports Basement to purchase a replacement tube, as well as a couple extra just in case. After changing the tube, we were in great shape to start the ride. We met the other riders at the store entrance, and set off for Fairfax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home