Saturday, December 16, 2006

The case for going vegetarian

I am seriously considering becoming a vegetarian. Why? So last night, I cooked a sausage pasta dish, which didn’t agree with my stomach. At around 11:00 p.m., my stomach started growling and hurt acutely. I decided that I could sleep it off. All was well until 1:00 a.m. or so when I woke up with the urge to vomit. This continued every half hour until 7:00 a.m. Every time I would vomit, I thought, “ha, that will be the last. I’m done!” Wrong. It continued, and continued. Drinking water did not help as it fueled the gurgling feeling in my belly. However, I thought that if I drank more water, I’d flush out everything bad in my stomach. Eventually, I did. At 8:00 a.m. or so, my stomach settled, and I felt like I got my ass kicked, hard. I curled into bed, and slept until 10:30 a.m. when a guy I was supposed to meet called. I had to break the news that I could not met him, and why. He was not thrilled.

Every hour or so, I woke up to drink cranberry juice. I needed calories for energy, and the juice did the trick. I continued to sleep until 5:00 p.m. today, when I awoke with a fever and profuse sweating. I had to admit, it felt good. I knew the end would be near.

It’s 7:00 p.m. now, and I’m feeling better. Still weak, but better. I drank soy milk for protein, but my taste buds are shot that the milk tasted gnarly. I’m back to drinking water and cranberry juice.

And I’m seriously considering becoming a vegetarian. I may continue to eat fish, which I rarely do, but I’m going to give up meat. I’ll update you on my progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home