Thursday, November 09, 2006

Tonight was a good night

Tonight, I met with the old FT crew. That's Firetide, the wireless mesh networking company with the infamous devil duck mascot, not Full Throttle, the old street racing club I hung out with in the mid-90s.

At any rate, it was good to see and catch up with Babs, Marissa and Frederick. Tasty appetizers and drink aside, the conversation was great. Babs is taking a writing class at Stanford, and writing a murder mystery book with Silicon Valley as the setting. Marissa and Frederick are signing distributors and VARs for SkyPilot in Europe and Russia. Goodness, I miss them. It had been too long since I last saw them. We promised that it would not be long before we got together again next, and I hope that is a keeper. Hopefully, next time Sunil and D-Sheezy can join.

In addition to catching up, we celebrated the Dems taking majority control of the Senate and Congress houses. *sigh of relief* Already I feel much better.

In other news, a couple weeks ago, Meta04 and I signed up for Aids/LifeCycle 6. That's right, come June 2007, for seven days, we're cycling 550 miles, from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I learned a few weeks ago that a good friend is HIV-positive. So he is my primary reason for riding. There will be more to come on this, I promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Good for you. How is your friend doing?

9:25 AM  
Blogger E-Double said...

He's grand. He's a tough, stubborn, pugnacious guy.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home