Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Canuck chats again

A recent IM convo with may favorite Canadian, CanuckBE.

CanuckBE: ever been to a Linux show?
CanuckBE: bare foot attendees. dog chains. ankle shackles.
me: *shudder* i could only imagine.
canuckBE: nothing can compete
me: i hear def con is similar. a lot of geek-types. hackers, et al.

CanuckBE doesn't know about me. And I was not about to tell him that my first bf attended a Def Con event in 1995.

CanuckBE: nothing comes close to Linux Users Group.
me: i could see you at a star trek convention, CanuckBE.
CanuckBE: not with a face like that [shows his picture on the IM client]... pretty boy gay face [LAST NAME]!
me: that's right. actually, you look like one of my gay friends.
CanuckBE: hook me up...
CanuckBE: or should I stay intra company with you or McGoo.
me: he's taken. besides, that would be too incestual.
CanuckBE: good point.

me: are you going to [event 1]?
CanuckBE: i can't go anywhere.
CanuckBE: just got pulled from [event 2].
me: yeah. try to get there [event 2].
me: i have a few drinks with your name on them. unless you're mormon.
CanuckBE: dude .. I invented triples
CanuckBE: love the mormoms... mutliple wives and opportunities without moral dilemna.

As background, CanuckBE has five kids. Five! Jellin, another guy in our office, also has five kids. Crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home