Sunday, November 12, 2006

Training Ride #1

Today, Meta04 (formerly SaigonSizzle) and I set off on our first bike ride for training for the Aids/LifeCycle ride. We started at the east end of Golden Gate Park; rode down to Fulton and 35th Avenue; cut across to the Sea Cliff neighborhood (very, very nice area in San Francisco), then Baker Beach and the Presidio (where I lived a few years ago), then across the Golden Gate Bridge. On the way back, we rode down 25th Avenue, then on Anza till we hit 3rd Avenue to re-enter the park.

All in all, it was a great ride. Although we rode approximately 13 miles, I think we were slightly ambitious in that rarely was the terrain flat. We pedalled up some damn steep hills! I need to consider adding a third, small gear to my front sprocket for riding up hill.

Regardless, after our ride today, I'm excited to take more rides, preferably in less congested areas. Also, before the weather becomes cold, I'd like to increase our riding distance to at least a 30-mile ride.

LOG
Distance: 13 miles
Locations: San Francisco - Golden Gate Park, Outer Richmond, Sea Cliff, Presidio, Golden Gate Bridge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home