Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Good times and butt rape - separate stories

Since I am in Strong Island this week, I had dinner with the A-Team - A-Lib, A-Nej and A-Mas - at Jackson's, a tasty America-Asian-Comfort fusion restaurant. Although I do not seek out seafood, I had the salmon tonight. It was pretty damn tasty. A-Nej had the steak and fries; A-Lib had the yellow tail; and little 11-month old A-Mas had chicken strips and fries.

Also, we had a Chardonay from Long Island that redeemed the awful Cab ThumbSucker and I had a few months ago at a Manhattan restaurant.

For dessert, we shared a chocolate lava cake and key lime pie. A-Lib is into sweet and fruity-tasting foods.

Note: A-Mas is perhaps THE cutest baby you'll ever meet. When A-Mas is not making cutesy faces, she sucks her thumb. It's cute seeing a baby suck their thumb. I know it relaxes them. but it relaxes me just watching them. I repeat - it's cute to watch a BABY suck its thumb...

I really like the A-Team. More and more, they make me think what if I married my last girlfriend, and had a family... Who can say.

I look forward to the next time I travel to Strong Island, and can see my work buds at the Mothership. I told A-Nej and A-Lib that I miss the interaction of 30-40 PR peeps in one area. Till next time...

So tonight, after dinner, I go to the mini convenience store in the hotel lobby. The lady in front of me purchased a few toiletry items. Travel-sized toothbrush - $3.00. Travel-sized toothpaste - $2.50. Deodorant - $7.00. Small bottle of hairspray - $10. Saying, "I want to talk with your manager... You don't have the right to rape hotel guests...You can't rape us..." - priceless.


Seriously, the shop wanted to charge me $5 for a small bottle of water. I said screw it. So, so lame.

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

time to update your blog!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home