Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Celebrate good times, c'mon

Three Years (and I'm still alive)
So tomorrow marks three years since ThumbSucker and I met in person... Before meeting my step-mum for dinner, I stopped by Crate and Barrel, and picked up three glass items as glass or crystal is the appropriate modern day gift for a three year anniversary. See, I'm thoughtful like that. I also made dinner reservations for us at Kokkari, a Mediterranean/California/Greek restaurant located in San Francisco's Financial District. It's damn tasty. Last time I was there was five years ago when Chef and I dated. I really do not know what I'm doing here... Part of me wants to commit, part of me wants to run away. Far, far away.

Step-Mum's Day
Tonight, I had dinner with my step-mum. I rescheduled dinner because yesterday I was feeling absolutely crappy, horrible, out-of-commission. I do not know what hit me. At any rate, it was good to see my step-mum, and hear her plans for retirement, which will start in the coming year or two. I offered to brainstorm ideas, and help her with a business plan. I'm glad my parents decided to stay in the Bay Area, instead of moving out of state to live on some golf course.

Mother's Day
Sunday night, ThumbSucker and I went to my mother's for a mother's day dinner. We didn't go out for dinner as my sister was sick (maybe that's how I got sick?) and my mother felt like BBQing. I'm glad she felt like BBQing as well... She grilled steak, salmon, corn and asparagus. All very, very tasty. And it was perfect BBQ weather - warm, balmy.

Later in the evening, the temperature rose. Inside the house was bordering uncomfortably hot. The heat made it difficult for ThumbSucker and I to fall asleep. One - we had to share a twin-size day bed. (Goodness, I felt as if I was in high school!) Two - it was damn hot, and I do not do well in heat. (I'll take cold any day over hot, hot heat. And unfortunately, my mother's house is not equipped with air condition.) Three - my asthma and allergies kicked-in bigtime! This did not add up to be a good equation.

I felt I could not fall asleep, and ThumbSucker kept nudging me, telling me to stop snoring! I said, "Huh? I'm not asleep, how could I be snoring?" He argued, "You were snoring!" I must have dozed again, because after a couple minutes ThumbSucker nudged me, and yelled, "Stop snoring!" I insisted that I was awake, and that he was smoking crack. Seriously, I thought the heat made him delusional. But again, he nudged a third time... I guess I have a snoring problem.

Celebrate Sleep
So yesterday I felt like I got my assed kicked... I felt weak. Struggling to not sneeze, cough and ache and pass out at work, I decided to head back to the loft. I was dozing on the drive up. But I finally made it back to San Francisco; chugged half a handful of vitamin B and C, and passed out almost immediately. It was still warm, but at least there are multiple fans in the loft to cool me. I awoke later in the evening when ThumbSucker came home. I felt better. Not 100 percent, but much better. It is amazing what sleeping can do for you.

Bizarro Dream
Last night, I had an odd dream. I dreamt I was in bed with two buddies - ManCandy and MarcusD. ManCandy was spooning me, and I was making funny faces at MarcusD. We stayed at a deserted vacation rental apartment complex located nearby a train station. Very, very odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home