Sunday, April 02, 2006

The weekend

Friday, March 31
Today I had nearly back-to-back meetings, which was good because they each meeting is prep for the following week. At 8:00 p.m., I was mellow, and excited to veg for the weekend. Since I had not seen ThumbSucker in a few days, I "allowed" him to come up to the LC. For dinner, I cooked spaghetti (his overall favorite food) and broccoli.

Saturday, April 1
After lunch, we watched a matinee showing of Spike Lee's Inside Man at the Lakeport Cinema, the closest theater to Kelseyville, CA. Now that I'm more familiar with New York City, I'm excited to watch movies filmed in any of the five burroughs or Long Island. "Oh we walked past that..." "Oh do you remember that?" After the movie, we went back to the house, and cleaned up the place. I managed to pack and discard a few lingering items in the garage.

But then dinner rolled around. Neither ThumbSucker or I had not eaten pizza in some time, and I was not up for cooking. So we ordered a pizza from Pogo's Pizza. It's pretty legit. I would go nuts if there was not a decent pizza joint in the area. Pogo's is similar to something like I'd want to own when I retire. That's right... When I'm good and ready, I want to open a pizza joint. It's something that I've thought about since I was in high school. I dig the idea of locals coming to hang out, drink their pitchers of beer and consume slice after slice of damn tasty pizza. I'd offer cornmeal crust, New York-style, Chicago-style... And crazy topping... Crazy topping I say! I've not yet decided on a theme for the pizza names as I always change my mind on this. However, I will apply what I've experienced at other pizza joints. And don't think that technology would not be involved. That's right - think IT meets old-school pizzeria! So hang tight for this one.

After we picked up the pizza, we watch Cowboys & Angels, The Warriors and Beat Street. It's weird to watch The Warriors and Beat Street in that the movies were released in 1979 and 1984 respectively, and New York looked so different then. If you have not watched either move, YOU MUST watch them soon.

Sunday, April 2
After the movie marathon last night, I was beat. With the time change adding to the matter, I slept-in until 11:00 a.m. Goodness! Also, I talked in my sleep again. "Where's the tractor? Where is the tractor?" I do not recall what I dreamt last night, but obviously it must have involved a tractor of some sort. Very odd.

We packed-up, secured the house, and drove back to San Francisco, stopping off in Vallejo for lunch, and Corte Madera at the West Elm store.

In San Francisco, we went to Costco and Trader Joe's to stock up on foodage for the week, which I am so ready for! Also, I booked air, hotel and a rental car for our trip next week to Southern California. I hope I'm not making a mistake by bringing ThumbSucker to Disneyland. *sigh* He has not been to the "happiest place on Earth," and asked that I take him to see Mickey Mouse. I do not care for Disneyland, and I'm ready to kick Mickey's ass. But hey, I'm taking ThumbSucker for his birthday, and it's been 12 years since I last went.

During dinner, ThumbSucker's friend 2Pay called. 2Pay is in Vancouver for holiday, and loves it. Heck, I love Vancouver. I used to visit every Summer, but the tradition stopped the Summer I met ThumbSucker.

At any rate, ThumbSucker wants for us to move to Vancouver. "Housing is cheaper there, and you can marry me!" Uh, no. Granted Vancouver is beautiful, but I'm not interested in leaving the U.S. (eventhough I can't stand the current presidential administration). "Canada probably does not have as many crazy Evangelical Christians, and it wouldn't be culture shock for you... It's still in North America, and there are other Asians... And you can marry me. Huh, I could change hyphenate my last name. It has a nice ring to it." Uh, this is so not going to happen.

Yeah, this is not happening. But ThumbSucker is going crazy, looking for houses. *sigh*

In other exciting news... Tomorrow after my last meeting (with a partner), I am going to the Sprint store. I've had my (piece of s***) Treo 600 for two years, and it's time to ditch it! After talking with a few people from work, I am getting the Sprint PPC-6700 (link to Engadget's initial write-up from CTIA 2005). It works with Sprint's built-out EV-DO in San Francisco. It has a slick slide-out keyboard. The screen is big! It runs Microsoft Mobile 5.0... I can view Microsoft Office documents - PowerPoint, Excel, Word. It has Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi for quick as F file sharing and Web surfing. So what's not to like? Nothing really... For now at least. One thing I will do is look at other plans. Every month, roaming charges rip me a new hole. Sprint lists a business plan on their website that includes roaming, so I'll ask more about this tomorrow. I'm excited.

It's raining hard in San Francisco... And it's time to hit the sack. G'night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, he wants to move to Dublin or London, now he wants to move to Vancouver. His ADD medication isn't working. Time to up the dosage.

And then, what's up with him still having healthcare benefits with his ex? How long have they been apart?

I'd rather have my shitty bare bones health coverage PPO here than ANY coverage at Kaiser. If I'd had the medical hx he's had, I definitely want a second and third opinion, outside of Kaiser.

Or, there's also universal health care in Dublin....and a Virgin Atlantic Nonstop from SFO. I think it's time to go home.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home