Sunday, March 19, 2006

Catching-up with V-Dub and Happyrock

Friday, March 17
Happy St. Patty’s Day. Today, I wore green boxers so as not to get pinched by anyone. Not that I saw anyone except ThumbSucker as I worked from home at the LC today, and didn’t go out in the evening, and pooped out at 8:00 p.m. I guess my body is still adjusting between Eastern Time and Pacific Time. Goodness, am I getting old to where I no longer can pull all-nighters?

I did however dig a one-foot hole to install a four-foot 4”x4” post to install a new mailbox since a few weeks ago someone careened into our bank of mailboxes.

Also, I spoke with a former colleague who now works for a competitor, and wants me to come over. I said no. I told him what I tell everyone with an offer. “There is still a lot I want to do here, and I would not feel complete until I’ve accomplished them.” But it was good to talk with him. We plan to meet up next week for chow and to catch-up.

Saturday, March 18
I woke up at 4:00 a.m., and got a glass of water, then went back to bed. I awoke at 9:00 a.m. It has been quiet some time since I slept so long, but I guess it’s my body’s way of telling me, “Dude, Ed get some sleep already!”

At 10:00 a.m., ThumbSucker and I began cleaning the house as Happyrock and V-Dub were coming to visit. If you remember, V-Dub was jumped a few weeks ago. And Happyrock turned 26 earlier in the week.


I’m always excited to have visitors. At Noon, we took a break; drove to downtown Kelseyville to have lunch at Studebaker’s and read the San Francisco Chronicle. Afterwards, we drove up to the Safeway in Lakeport for dinner items. On the way back, we stopped at the Kmart in Lakeport. Goodness, this place is G-H-E-T-T-O! I fear for the children born in this town who do not find a way out. It’s really very sad and depressing.

We continued cleaning when we returned to the house, and began prepping for dinner as Happyrock and V-Dob would arrive in a couple hours or so.

At 8:00 p.m., they arrived, after getting lost in the dark. This is why I always advise people to drive to the LC during the day. Listen, people!


So we had dinner and a few bottles of wine, and chatted until 1:00 a.m. It was good to catch-up on things. V-Dub has some interesting stories, and it is he who shares without regard. I’ve become more filtered over the years. I rarely hear anyone tell me, “TMI! TMI!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home