Sunday, March 19, 2006

O’Goodness

ThumbSucker, Happyrock, V-Dub and I had breakfast on the upstairs deck as it was nice out. Scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, toast, grapes, apples and bananas. Fairly healthy I’d say… Again, V-Dub had more good stories to tell. I got an update on some of the guys I used to hang out with on a regular basis. Man, there is some drama going on. Aside from my issues with ThumbSucker, I am without drama in my life. This is a good thing, right?

We departed back for San Francisco at 12:15 p.m., and it took more than three hours to get back! Goodness, traffic everywhere! Usually it takes two hours, fifteen minutes. Fionnbharr slept on the rear deck for the entire trip. I hope he’s OK. He seemed slightly out of it.

When we got back to the loft, we cleaned-up, and headed to Marion and Cheryl’s house for the annual St. Patty’s Day party. Goodness, Irish peeps everywhere - 40 or 50 of them. Thank goodness I can understand them. Thanks to ThumbSucker, I know a few Irish words, and can translate for myself...
Craic, shagger, fekkin', drink, tAnks, lout, grand, etc.

Nearly everyone is a parent with kids from three months to three years old. Too bad AMarc and EKil no longer live in San Francisco… I know Ekil would have loved this party – all the Irish peeps, mothers and kids…

In Ireland, Marion studied at the
Cathal Brugha College of Catering. The food was very tasty – Irish sausage, corned beef hash, cottage/Sheppard’s pie, soda bread, quiche, an assortment of baked desserts and tons of drink. I had my fill of wine, Guinness and Irish coffee.

I saw Liz, her three-year-old kid, Finton and three-month-old, Theodora. Finton has grown so much since I last saw him. And Theodora is just too cute. She has peach-fuzz brownish hair and ocean blue eyes. I met so many other parents and their kids… One mother was sporting a
sling-like baby carrier, by New Native. It’s cool. The kid looked so snug.

I swear, everyone I know is having kids, and I’m glad that there are some good parents out there. For some time, I was concerned that parenting was just a novel thing to some people.

OK, I’m dehydrated. I’m going to chug water, and then pass out. G’night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home