Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Today was a good day

6:00 a.m. ET - woke up; buzzed head; showered
6:30 a.m. ET - ate breakfast in the hotel room
7:00 a.m. ET - checked email and news headlines
7:30 a.m. ET - met with some of the women in my life: Em, vdBoom, JBurt and MCris; and headed to the mothership
8:00 a.m. ET - arrived at the mothership; registered my former Edel-clan members for the day-1, all-day, back-to-back planning meeting
8:30 a.m. ET - presentations until 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. ET - lunch time until 1:30 p.m.

1:30 p.m. ET - presentations until 4:30 p.m.
4:30 p.m. ET - working break until 5:15 p.m.

5:45 p.m. ET - arrived at The Grill Room in Hauppauge, NY. From the outside, I was leery of the place. The Grill Room is located on an end-corner of a strip mall with an adult store as its neighbor. However, once I stepped into the establishment, past the walnut-colored velvet-covered entry, I was immediately impressed.


Dinner was pre fixe at a very aggressive $30. I started with the beef satay to appetize myself, then annihilated the ahi tuna, and finished the meal with creme brulee and decaf coffee. All was very tasty.

The best part was talking about non-work and work-related stuff with the nearly 25 people in our dinner party - some from the mothership, and some from the Edel-clan.


13 months ago, I came to Long Island with some of the Edel-clan members at dinner tonight, and for the past eight months, I've been with the mothership. 13 months is not a long time in the grand scheme of things, but it sure feels that we've known each other for much longer. And this is a good thing. It's comforting.

I really like the six-five-O Edel-clan team. Despite a rough start last year, I feel that things are now clicking. I feel a pulse. And this is a good thing. I tend to work best as a team with high-energy and enthusiastic people to bring something to fruition.

A side thought: 2005 came and went with a few noteworthy milestones that include new friendships, spending more quality time with my family and friends, and purchasing the house in The LC. But I have a strong feeling 2006 will be an even better year with many things to look back at and fondly reminisce.


1:30 a.m. ET - I'm still on Pacific Time; good night

2 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Dude, what is that link about? Did you spend your working break in Holland?

9:42 PM  
Blogger E-Double said...

No - vdBoom is from the Netherlands. She heads the mothership account at the 650-Edel-clan.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home