Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Snap, Snap, Snap without the Z-formation

Tonight, when I removed my shoes in the hotel room, I felt like Mr. Rogers minus the cardigan sweater. As background, I rarely snap as I fear I may awake some inner gayness I feel I do not possess.

At any rate, tonight, when removing my shoes, I sung Mr. Rogers' "It's Such a Good Feeling." I knew most of the lyrics, and was frightened, but chalked it off to childhood conditioning.

I felt better after I snapped. I grinned. Is there a hidden power in snapping?

IT'S SUCH A GOOD FEELING
It's such a good feeling to know you're alive.
It's such a happy feeling; You're growing inside.

And when you wake up ready to say,
I think I'll make a snappy new day.
*snap* *snap*

It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling.

The feeling you know that I'll be back when the day is new.
And I'll have more ideas for you.
And you'll have things you'll want to talk about.
I will too.
It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling.
The feeling you know that we're friends.

I remember watching "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" as a child, and not answering Mr. Rogers' questions when he asked all the kids in TV Land to think of something. Even at the age of five I thought it was pointless to talk to a video image of someone on TV who could not hear you. "Mom, can Mr. Rogers hear me?" Mom showed me the light... "No, Shoti (my Chinese nickname, pronounced show-tee or shau-tee). Now turn off the TV!"

Now imagine if interactive TV was available in the late-70s and early-80s... "Sesame Street" and other PBS kids shows would have been an entirely different experience. I know I would have loved interactive TV for "3-2-1 Contact."

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Whenever there's trouble, we're there on the double, we're the Bloodhound Gang....

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home