Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Adding to the handful of pills

This sounds promising...

IM CONVO
ThumbSucker: so I am being given a new prescription that will make me not feel so sick and have more energy :)
me: cool. what is it?
ThumbSucker: pro something
me: cool. whatever it is, it can't be bad, right? what are the side effects?
me: insomnia? profuse sweating? bad breath? bigboy appetite? hives?
ThumbSucker: : )
ThumbSucker: it should make me less tired, and not have these temperature swings that I have had. also should help stop the vomiting and dizzy spells.
ThumbSucker: I have to take iron tablets also
me: small price to pay to feel better... maybe it contains meth. kidding.

I realized I crack too many jokes about meth. Is this bad? Granted meth is a serious problem... And perhaps I should not be too light-hearted about it.

This reminds me of 1997 to 2000, when I used to own the website/domain name www.smokingcrack.com... Once, I received an email from a lady who took care of babies of crack cocaine-dependent "parents." She ripped into me, bigtime, stating that my choice of domain name reflects my lack of sensitivity to a problem I obviously did not comprehend.

She was correct that I didn't understand the problem crack cocaine brought to a city. But she was wrong about me being insensitive... I just liked the domain name. And at this time, I invite you to visit www.virtualcrack.com, to virtually send someone a baggie of your favorite flavored rock.

If my references to meth offends you, then let me know. I'll probably tell you to deal with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

please. Smokingcrackbabies.com would have been offensive.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home