Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thanks, but no thanks

Recruiters have been calling a lot as of late for some reason. Today, I received the best offer ever from a recruiter for a legit security networking solutions company located in the Bay Area's Peninsula. (Internal process: hmm, cut commute down to 25 from 65 minutes.) "You would report directly to the VP of marketing, and the compensation package is very attractive." "Oh really," I asked? (Internal process: goodness, it would be a 90 to 100 percent increase.) "And options since the company is pre-IPO. And bonus based on BMO." (Internal process: OK, so we're up to 120 percent.)

"Great," I answered.
Recruiter: So are you interested?
me: You know, I am extremely happy with [mothership name].
Recruiter: Actually, I used to work at [mothership name] as an account manager, but left a not even a year ago.
me: Oh really?

We talked about people he used to work with, as well as some of the products he sold. He retained knowledge of some of the product names, which impressed me.

Recruiter: What areas do you work in at [mothership name]?
I told him, along with my client names.
Recruiter: Oh yes, they came out a couple times to help me on deals. So, are sure you're not interested?
me: Yes, but I tell you what... Shoot me an email, and I'll forward it to some friends and colleagues.
Recruiter: I believe you worked at Edel..., right?
me: Yes.
Recruiter: Would you send it to them?
me: Yes, and a few other pals at other PR firms and vendor companies.

Recruiter: Also, I give iPod for referrals.
me: Splendid!

120 percent increase is incredible, but money is not my M.O. I'm happy where I'm at. There are challenges I first need to win over before I would even consider moving on.


That said, let me know if YOU are interested in the position. I'd love a new iPod. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home