Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Whose House??? Sam's House!!!

ThumbSucker brought home a Cosmic Catnip scratching post for Fionnbharr, since the shagger (Fionnbharr) clawed a new living room chair yesterday. Hopefully Fionnbharr will take to scratching the cardboard, otherwise we will need to find another option.

On our way to enjoy the remainder of today's splendid weather, we stopped by San Francisco's Glen Park neighborhood to purchase two speaker stands from someone who posted a
Craigslist ad.

ThumbSucker (to Sam): "Hi, we're right outside the door."
Sam: "I'm wearing a red sweater and sunglasses."
ThumbSucker (to me): "Hmm, maybe he's not home, because he described what he's wearing..."
**Door opens**
ThumbSucker/Me: "Hi, Sam."
**three minutes pass, and we have the speaker stands in hand**
Me (to ThumbSucker): "Did he think this was a hook-up of some sort? Why did he describe what he was wearing? And why didn't he mention that HE has boobs, long blond hair and man-hands?"

So Sam is a transgendered dude-turned-chick - think blond Michael Jackson... I really do not envy people who feel they need to change their sex in order to feel natural or normal. I can only imagine the crap people give them every day. I didn't dish anything to Sam, but I would have appreciated if Sam didn't have 'tude. In the end, ThumbSucker and I were thrown a curve ball by Sam's appearance. But hey, we came to Sam's home to purchase speaker stands, not partake in uncomfortable chit chat ("So, you're Irish aren't you? Are you two a couple or something?). ThumbSucker and I were creeped out.

After Sam's, ThumbSucker and I attempted to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, but could not as pedestrians are not allowed on the bridge past 6:30 p.m. A shame, it was... San Francisco had clear skies and the temperature hovered in the mid-60s. A perfect evening. I could have sold anyone on moving to San Francisco tonight.

Striking out with the bridge, we drove to
The Embarcadero Center, and watched Capote. It simply is one of the better movies I've seen in the past few months. For the first time in many years, I am excited to watch the Oscars.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home