Friday, February 17, 2006

Three-day weekend and thoughts of SPAMfest

Earlier this week, I learned we have Monday, February 20 off from work in observance of president's day. (Thanks but no thanks to our current U.S. president.) At any rate, I look forward to spending time at the LC with my mother and sister. They have not been to the house since it was completed, so they're excited to see it.

I imagine this will be a weekend of cooking, eating, watching movies, playing games, walking in the 'hood and downtown areas, and most importanly... Chillaxing.

This reminds me, I need to host a SPAMfest soon. At the last company I worked at, I met others who on occassion enjoy SPAM. After discussing SPAM with a few people in the office, we learned that we all were closet SPAM-eaters, and that it had been some time since any of us had SPAM. To celebrate, we held our first SPAMfest in Mountain View, California. Think
Iron Chef, but the key ingredient for every session is SPAM. To date, we held five SPAMfest dinners with the attendance growing with each gathering. Each dinner was a success, with new dishes created... the staple - SPAM, eggs and rice, SPAM musubi (SPAM sushi), SPAM/cheese melts, SPAM curry, spicy SPAM dishes and others. And to wash all the SPAM goodness down? Well, brass monkey, of course. Traditional brass monkey is made with half-part malt liquor beer and half-part orange juice. But since we SPAMfesters have exotic tastes, we stepped-it-up, substituting orange juice for mango, strawberry/banana, passion fruit and other crazy juices. "You put your right leg down, your left leg up. Tilt your head back, and then finish the cup..."

I can't wait for the next SPAMfest. It's been some time since I last SPAMed with D-Sheezy, P-Heezy, Sommer, Luce, Fi and Chansey. And even ThumbSucker has learned to enjoy SPAM. Crazy Irish shagger doesn't mind eating SPAM cold. *shudder*
It would be great if G-Force (Grantham), Bex, Moni Love (Monica) and York Lackey could come too.

Oooh, I just had a flash back... "Eww, I wouldn't eat SPAM... Eww..." *chomp* *chomp* Cool beans to you muthaf*kka! I have a pack of SPAM Lite/low sodium if you are the first person to respond with the name of this SPAM hater.

But it has been nearly one year since we last had a SPAMfest. I'm thinking of "SPAMfest LC." Lately I've been travling so it's been difficult to plan for such an event. But it will happen. Let me know when in the next fwe weeks works for you, and we'll make it happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home