Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Catching-up

It feels like I have not posted in some time. So before more time passes, I want to catch up on a few things notable (to me, of course).

Saturday, 2/11 - at the LC, in prepping for a bath, I accidentally poured half the jar of mint oil into the tub. I now know the meaning of "icy cold." The sensation was chilling, yet burning! Definitely do not try it. Also, I watched
Shower. Very good. But be warned, there are subtitles.

It's windy in San Francisco, today. The week of warm weather and clear skies may come to an end very soon. I'm not complaining... After all, I'm not in in the north east where snow is a plenty.

And speaking of snow. I talked with Carmen about creating a new Summertime drink called "The Snow Shovel."

me: someone should make a drink called "the shovel." "hi, i'd like two shovels..."
me: the bartender could put shaved ice on top ot make it look like snow. it would be a good summer drink.
Carmen: yum. it would have to be called the snow shovel. otherwise people would think of crap.
me: true. it could be served with a spoon.
Carmen: like a snowcone.
me: yes! but alcoholic. and classAy, not trashSHAY.
Carmen: of course.
me: maybe throw in a couple sliced olive rounds to look like tires...
Carmen: gross
me: i know. i'm not fond of olives.
Carmen: I love olives, but not where they don't belong.
me: ok, so how about a chocolate chips to look like coal?
Carmen: yeah, or coffee beans to look like dog poop.
me: mmm. and yellow food coloring for someone who peed in the corner...
Carmen: no, whiskey or grand marnier.
me: true, true. and we need a rap artist to pimp the drink to the masses.
Carmen: right. the snowjob.
me: "git yo' snow shovel! git yo' snow shovel! let me see see you dig and throw, and tell me you're ready for mo'!" "snow so white... ... something something like barry white." it works perfectly for the hip-hop culture!


Prius drivers. I love the thought behind wanting to drive fuel efficient cars in the age of $2.65-gallon gas. However, why do Prius drivers in the San Francisco Bay Area cruise at 60-65 MPH in the "fast lane?" Seriously.

Tomorrow, I'm having dinner with Abs, who I have not seen since Thanksgiving. I miss her, and can't wait to catch up.

Happy Valentine's day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home