Monday, January 23, 2006

Electric Company

Lately, I realized a few years has passed since I was held or spooned while in bed. I guess I didn't miss it, but lately I must.

Over the weekend, I met Rachel, who said that she needs to find a new male friend to keep her warm in bed since she broke up with her former guy. This made me think - for the last three years, I've been "the spooner," and g'dammit, I want a change. I want to be the spoonee. I want to be warmed. I want to face away from someone, and know that they're behind me. However, I think hell will freeze before this happens with ThumbSucker.

In the end, if you're not alone in a bed, you benefit from the other's heat regardless of which direction your face or position you hold. I now realize, or perhaps now want, to be in front, facing away. In reminiscing, I think of my more balanced relationships. I think of how we were more equals, and took turns warming the other. With a former guy, I remember saying and acting in some child-like way, "I'm a human blanket... I'm a human blanket." And he would do the same. For that reason alone, he's missed company.

3 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

some men are tops and some men are bottoms....but maybe you are a side.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drop The Loser Thumbsucker and get a real man!

11:46 PM  
Blogger E-Double said...

Uh, and do you want to hook me up, bud? Perhaps I have a complex of suffering.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home